Apple iOS Email Setup Guide (iPhone and iPad)
This guide will walk you through the necessary steps for setting up a POP3 email account hosted by Net Communications on any model of Apple iPhone / iPad.
Locate the icon named "Settings" on your device's home screen and press it to begin.
1. Scroll down the settings menu and locate the heading "Passwords & Accounts" then press it to continue
2. To continue, press "Add Account..."
3. The Apple device will give you a list of service providers to choose from. If your account is hosted by Net Communications, you will need to scroll to the bottom and tap "Other" to continue.
4. You will be brought to this screen. Tap "Add Mail Account" to continue with the setup process.
5. On this screen, you will be asked to enter your account information.
6. As you can see, I have entered in some account information as an example. All you need is your username, password and full email address for this part of the guide. If you have lost any of these details, you would need to contact Net Communications to have the information re-sent to you. Click "Next" to continue once you have finished entering your details.
Make sure you tap "POP" at the top of this screen, this is very important for setting up your account. The information from the last screen should already be entered in the first section of this step.
Incoming (POP3) Mail Server: mail.netcom.co.uk
Outgoing (SMTP) Mail Server: mail.netcom.co.uk
Net Communications other customers
Use: mail.(your own domain name)
Scroll down to the heading "Incoming Mail Server" and enter the incoming mail server host name as “mail.netcom.co.uk” (or the server hostname provided to you) and your account username (email) and password.
Scroll down to the "Outgoing Mail Server" heading and enter the outgoing server host name as “mail.netcom.co.uk” (or the server hostname provided to you) and your account username (email) and password. Your account username and password are the same for both the incoming and outgoing mail servers. When you have finished entering your information it should look something like this:
Then save... If it says “cannot verify Server identity” then tap the button labelled "details" and in the top right tap the button labelled “trust”.
You will be taken back to your list of accounts that we saw earlier in the guide. Press the home button to return to your device's home screen.
If you have any uncollected mail, your "Mail" icon on the home screen will have a red number next to it indicating how many unread emails you have. Tap this icon to check your inbox.
To show your inbox tap the inbox button in the top left, as you can see from the picture, I have received an email from a colleague from Net Communications.
Tap the square icon at the top right hand side of the screen to send an email. This will make sure your account is working and that you are able to send and receive emails.
Congratulations. Your email account hosted with Net Communications is now set up on your Apple Iphone / Ipad.